Town council will vote on June 10, 2019 on whether or not to convert a residential lot into an industrial solar facility.
If approved, more than 60 homes will get a new neighbor: an industrial solar facility. There are no studies to show what that’ll do to property values. It’s a gamble for the homeowners.
Email your councilors. Tell them what you think:
- Frank Landolfi: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Capalbo: email@example.com
- Sylvia Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon Davis: email@example.com
- Scott Bill Hirst: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facts about solar
- Hopkinton taxes commercial property at the same rate as residential property.
- Hopkinton charges a higher tax rate on cars than on solar panels.
- Industrial solar in Hopkinton benefits the rich more than the poor.
- Residential solar (rooftop) can save a household more than 20x what this facility will save in property tax reduction.
Read more in an opinion letter to The Westerly Sun.